- Steering a Course in Marriage
- The Horror of Circumcision
- The Dilemma of the Step-Grandma
- Is Trailblazing Overrated?
- School Administration Power Trips
- The Quickest Way to Peel an Avocado
- Garden Flags – The Birth of a Collector
- How to Clean Like a Professional
- How to Get Past a Fight with Your Spouse
- Is It Safe to Thaw Meat on the Counter?
- Who We Are: The Sum of Our Experiences
- What’s That Smell? Episode Two.
- What’s That Smell?
- Refrigerator Love Story
Category Archives: Values
Several years ago, I left big-town suburbia and moved to a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. It was a huge lifestyle change. Even though I lived in a town, my life felt very rustic. So my mom bought … Continue reading
My stepdaughter had her newborn son circumcised today. I knew if she had a boy that she intended to have that done, but I had hoped once her baby was born, she would look in his sweet, trusting eyes and … Continue reading
My husband’s daughter has just had a baby. Yay, woo-hoo, congratulations. No, really, I’m very happy for them. But can I be excused from being too deliriously enthusiastic about it? And is it okay if I don’t really consider myself a grandma yet? The … Continue reading
Some people lead. Some people follow. I do neither. I go out and quietly do unusual things that other people eventually start doing. But they don’t do those things because I blazed a trail. Someone else eventually gets the same … Continue reading
Last night, as my husband and I worked through a misunderstanding that had caused some bent feelings between us, I mentioned (again) my discontent with the fact that he feels done with having kids because he has three from his … Continue reading
In the last 3.5 months, my husband has lost 45 pounds, and I’ve lost 25. I often compliment him on how much smaller he’s gotten, but he has never, not even a single time, said anything to me. I guess … Continue reading