- Why Having a Lodged Kidney Stone is Like Being Very Pregnant
- Steering a Course in Marriage
- The Horror of Circumcision
- The Dilemma of the Step-Grandma
- Is Trailblazing Overrated?
- School Administration Power Trips
- The Quickest Way to Peel an Avocado
- Garden Flags – The Birth of a Collector
- How to Clean Like a Professional
- How to Get Past a Fight with Your Spouse
- Is It Safe to Thaw Meat on the Counter?
- Who We Are: The Sum of Our Experiences
- What’s That Smell? Episode Two.
- What’s That Smell?
Category Archives: Marriage
In a household of just two people, I used to fantasize about having a second microwave. First thing every morning, I made my daughter’s oat bran while wishing I could be simultaneously boiling water for a cup of tea. And … Continue reading
My husband has been working from home for the past two months while his office building was being remodeled. While there have been many positive aspects of having him around 24/7, there were also some challenges.
I don’t think the term housewife is even allowed anymore. Homemaker is the preferred term, I think. Or maybe stay-at-home mom. Personally, I like fire tender because I tend (and put out) a lot of fires around here. But despite … Continue reading
A few days ago, I mentioned something to my husband that I had blogged about, and he admitted that he has never read my blog. This didn’t surprise me because he doesn’t really enjoy reading, and I’ve always kind of … Continue reading
When I sat down to write a blog entry yesterday, I was a little surprised to find that I hadn’t written anything for ten days. I love to write, and I have a lot to say, so why did I … Continue reading
For anyone keeping track, my husband and I got past the Wal-Mart incident. He apologized profusely and sincerely and even bought me flowers (even though his recollection of events differs from mine). But then we got into an even worse … Continue reading