- Why Having a Lodged Kidney Stone is Like Being Very Pregnant
- Steering a Course in Marriage
- The Horror of Circumcision
- The Dilemma of the Step-Grandma
- Is Trailblazing Overrated?
- School Administration Power Trips
- The Quickest Way to Peel an Avocado
- Garden Flags – The Birth of a Collector
- How to Clean Like a Professional
- How to Get Past a Fight with Your Spouse
- Is It Safe to Thaw Meat on the Counter?
- Who We Are: The Sum of Our Experiences
- What’s That Smell? Episode Two.
- What’s That Smell?
Category Archives: Marriage
My husband is having surgery on his foot next Friday (yes, Friday the 13th). A podiatrist initially diagnosed him as having sinus tarsitis (inflammation of a fleshy area in the middle of the foot), but when her treatments failed to … Continue reading
Sometime after my disappointing birthday, Kate Middleton and Prince William got married. I wasn’t particularly interested in the whole thing, but the family ended up in our bedroom watching a primetime rebroadcasting. I was still feeling a little miffed at my husband, … Continue reading
My husband bought me a car charger for my cell phone. That’s a sweet and thoughtful thing to do, but it would have been even more sweet and thoughtful if he’d bought it when he switched out our phones (without … Continue reading
I never thought I’d be the type. I love my husband and my kids, and I love being with them. So why would I even think about taking separate vacations? The idea germinated in January while we were in Kansas … Continue reading
Last weekend, my husband had severe pain in his foot for no apparent reason. It’s just in front and below the ankle. I did some hunting around on the Internet, and I decided he had tendinitis of the peroneus longus … Continue reading
As I prepared to leave the house this morning, I paused at my bedside to put on hand lotion. As I typically do, I took off my wedding ring because I didn’t want to dull its beautiful sparkle. And because I … Continue reading