- Why Having a Lodged Kidney Stone is Like Being Very Pregnant
- Steering a Course in Marriage
- The Horror of Circumcision
- The Dilemma of the Step-Grandma
- Is Trailblazing Overrated?
- School Administration Power Trips
- The Quickest Way to Peel an Avocado
- Garden Flags – The Birth of a Collector
- How to Clean Like a Professional
- How to Get Past a Fight with Your Spouse
- Is It Safe to Thaw Meat on the Counter?
- Who We Are: The Sum of Our Experiences
- What’s That Smell? Episode Two.
- What’s That Smell?
Category Archives: Marriage
Several years ago, I left big-town suburbia and moved to a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. It was a huge lifestyle change. Even though I lived in a town, my life felt very rustic. So my mom bought … Continue reading
My husband and I fight sometimes. Well, okay, it seems like we can’t go more than a couple of weeks without a big one. I’m not thrilled about that, but experts say that arguing, if done appropriately, is healthy for … Continue reading
Last night, as my husband and I worked through a misunderstanding that had caused some bent feelings between us, I mentioned (again) my discontent with the fact that he feels done with having kids because he has three from his … Continue reading
In the last 3.5 months, my husband has lost 45 pounds, and I’ve lost 25. I often compliment him on how much smaller he’s gotten, but he has never, not even a single time, said anything to me. I guess … Continue reading
There are advantages to being a second wife (or, in my case, third-and-a-half). The husband in question has hopefully learned a few things about how to make a marriage work, and he has matured—ripened—into better husband material. All of that … Continue reading
My husband finally had his splint removed today. I never thought to take a picture of it, but it looked a lot like a cast with an Ace bandage around it. I’m not sure why they use that instead of … Continue reading