- Why Having a Lodged Kidney Stone is Like Being Very Pregnant
- Steering a Course in Marriage
- The Horror of Circumcision
- The Dilemma of the Step-Grandma
- Is Trailblazing Overrated?
- School Administration Power Trips
- The Quickest Way to Peel an Avocado
- Garden Flags – The Birth of a Collector
- How to Clean Like a Professional
- How to Get Past a Fight with Your Spouse
- Is It Safe to Thaw Meat on the Counter?
- Who We Are: The Sum of Our Experiences
- What’s That Smell? Episode Two.
- What’s That Smell?
Category Archives: Home & Hearth
Last night we were going to have chicken fajita salad (basically everything you’d have in a fajita, but without a tortilla, since we’re low-carbing), so I picked up all the fresh veggies on the way home from picking up the … Continue reading
My husband and I hit the after-Christmas sales a few days ago to pick up some more lights for next year. It wasn’t in the plan, but I spotted a pretty garden flag with a festive poinsettia design. I was … Continue reading
I recently got a flyer in the mail from The Cleaning Authority, a housecleaning service. It wasn’t addressed to “occupant” or “resident.” It was addressed to me by name. What have they heard??? Is someone staging an anonymous intervention on … Continue reading
Do you thaw meat on the counter? Yeah, I know you’re not supposed to, and I understand why, but I wonder how many people disregard that ubiquitous warning. I didn’t used to thaw meat on the counter, but I’ve always … Continue reading
When something smells bad, it’s usually a sign that something is wrong, and it’s a call to action. A diaper needs to be changed, food needs to be tossed, or a husband needs to be reminded (“You promised not to do … Continue reading
Have you ever had something really stinky in your house but you didn’t know the source? Several days ago, I noticed something smelling kind of, um, swampy in the kitchen. I figured it was the trash, even though the smell … Continue reading