- Why Having a Lodged Kidney Stone is Like Being Very Pregnant
- Steering a Course in Marriage
- The Horror of Circumcision
- The Dilemma of the Step-Grandma
- Is Trailblazing Overrated?
- School Administration Power Trips
- The Quickest Way to Peel an Avocado
- Garden Flags – The Birth of a Collector
- How to Clean Like a Professional
- How to Get Past a Fight with Your Spouse
- Is It Safe to Thaw Meat on the Counter?
- Who We Are: The Sum of Our Experiences
- What’s That Smell? Episode Two.
- What’s That Smell?
Category Archives: Family
My stepdaughter had her newborn son circumcised today. I knew if she had a boy that she intended to have that done, but I had hoped once her baby was born, she would look in his sweet, trusting eyes and … Continue reading
My husband’s daughter has just had a baby. Yay, woo-hoo, congratulations. No, really, I’m very happy for them. But can I be excused from being too deliriously enthusiastic about it? And is it okay if I don’t really consider myself a grandma yet? The … Continue reading
Last night, as my husband and I worked through a misunderstanding that had caused some bent feelings between us, I mentioned (again) my discontent with the fact that he feels done with having kids because he has three from his … Continue reading
My husband has begun teaching our kids how to fish, and I’m not sure how I feel about that. I am not a vegetarian, and I firmly believe that eating animals is not only tasty, it’s nutritionally superior. But I … Continue reading
In a bid for us to eat more healthfully, I cut added sugar from my family’s diet a few weeks ago. So where does that leave Easter? I thought about getting the kids sugar-free candy, but that’s never quite as … Continue reading
Several days ago my husband and I were at the grocery store together. As the clerk began scanning our purchases, he asked, “Do anything fun lately?” I was at a loss for words. I prefer minimal conversation from cashiers because it … Continue reading