- Why Having a Lodged Kidney Stone is Like Being Very Pregnant
- Steering a Course in Marriage
- The Horror of Circumcision
- The Dilemma of the Step-Grandma
- Is Trailblazing Overrated?
- School Administration Power Trips
- The Quickest Way to Peel an Avocado
- Garden Flags – The Birth of a Collector
- How to Clean Like a Professional
- How to Get Past a Fight with Your Spouse
- Is It Safe to Thaw Meat on the Counter?
- Who We Are: The Sum of Our Experiences
- What’s That Smell? Episode Two.
- What’s That Smell?
Author Archives: DS
My husband and I hit the after-Christmas sales a few days ago to pick up some more lights for next year. It wasn’t in the plan, but I spotted a pretty garden flag with a festive poinsettia design. I was … Continue reading
I recently got a flyer in the mail from The Cleaning Authority, a housecleaning service. It wasn’t addressed to “occupant” or “resident.” It was addressed to me by name. What have they heard??? Is someone staging an anonymous intervention on … Continue reading
My husband and I fight sometimes. Well, okay, it seems like we can’t go more than a couple of weeks without a big one. I’m not thrilled about that, but experts say that arguing, if done appropriately, is healthy for … Continue reading
Do you thaw meat on the counter? Yeah, I know you’re not supposed to, and I understand why, but I wonder how many people disregard that ubiquitous warning. I didn’t used to thaw meat on the counter, but I’ve always … Continue reading
Last night, as my husband and I worked through a misunderstanding that had caused some bent feelings between us, I mentioned (again) my discontent with the fact that he feels done with having kids because he has three from his … Continue reading
In the last 3.5 months, my husband has lost 45 pounds, and I’ve lost 25. I often compliment him on how much smaller he’s gotten, but he has never, not even a single time, said anything to me. I guess … Continue reading