Why Having a Lodged Kidney Stone is Like Being Very Pregnant
- You are so tired of carrying this thing around—the bloating, the pain, the nausea, the endless doctors’ appointments. You just want it out of you already!
- It kicks at odd times with a ferocity that doubles you over and makes you wonder if everything is okay.
- You can’t bend over very far because your stowaway will object.
- You have to pee all the time, including at night.
- Everyone is tired of hearing about it and how miserable you are.
- You can’t go on any trips because the darn thing might suddenly decide today’s the day!
- You’re sometimes (with increasing frequency) grumpy and unreasonable.
- You don’t feel well enough to be very productive, but you’ve still gotta get stuff done, anyway.
- Friends and family keep calling you up to ask, “Just how much longer are you going to wait?”
- You’re pretty sure that if it doesn’t come out soon, the doctor is going to want to go in after it.
- Your friends keep telling you horror stories you really don’t want to hear about what can go wrong.
- People keep giving you well-intentioned, but entirely unhelpful, advice. “Drink a bunch of olive oil and it’ll slip right out!”
This entry was posted in Health
. Bookmark the permalink